FPQP® Professional Designation Package
Professional Designation Programs
Pursue a Financial Credential Online with Top-Ranked Wake Forest
Please complete the form to connect with a Student Success Manager and learn more about our programs.
Gain Specialized Financial Planning Skill Sets with a Professional Designation
Deepen your industry expertise and build specialized financial planning skills through professional designations programs, wherever you are in your career. Wake Forest offers 100% online professional designation programs powered by the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.
Upon successful program completion, you’ll earn an industry-recognized credential based on your program and conferred by the College for Financial Planning®.
Choose the Direction of Your Career with Wake Forest
Need a little guidance? Call 877-446-9032 if you have questions as you enroll.
Choose Your Online Professional Designation Program
Wake Forest’s professional designation programs focus on building specific financial skill sets within personal financial planning, asset management, and retirement planning. Whether you are looking to begin a career in financial planning with confidence or solidify your expertise in an ever-changing industry, our online programs help you take the next step and empower your career success.
Career Entry Designations
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM
Early Career Designations
- Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM
- Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM
- Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM
- Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM
You have 120 days from the date you are provided online access to complete your designation program. This includes testing and passing the final exam.
- Students who enroll in Live Online classes will receive online access 20 days prior to the first class date.
- Students who enroll in OnDemand classes will receive online access immediately after they enroll.
Program Tuition and Fees
Books: Course eBook included (print books available at additional cost)
Upcoming Class Starts
Live Online Classes: Offered periodically throughout the year; you will see a schedule of Live Online class dates in the shopping cart once you select a program.
OnDemand Classes: Start anytime
Need a little guidance?
Call 877-446-9032 if you have questions as you enroll.
Stackable Credit Toward CFP® Certification Education
If you decide to pursue the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in the future, professional designation programs provide stackable credit toward Wake Forest’s Certificate in Personal Financial Planning program.
Designation Program Curriculums
Career Entry Designations
Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM Program
The Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM or FPQP® designation program provides an introduction to personal financial planning. The program covers the financial planning process's six main facets to help you gain basic, practical knowledge. You'll be introduced to product categories, essential terminology, and general concepts.
- The Financial Planning Process
- Business Ownership, Cash Management, and the Use of Debt
- The Time Value of Money
- Insurance Basics and Property Insurance
- Life and Health Insurance
- Investment Basics and Strategies
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Implications of Financial Decisions
- Estate Planning Basics
- Case Study and Master Index
Early Career Designations
Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM Program
The Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM or AAMS® designation program provides a strong fundamental financial knowledge with added focus on asset management. You’ll explore the asset management process through a logical progression of topics, enabling you to think in terms of clients’ total financial situations—not just their investments.
- The Asset Management Process
- Risk, Return, and Investment Performance
- Asset Allocation and Security Selection
- Investment Strategies
- Taxation of Investments
- Investing for Retirement
- Deferred Compensation and Other Benefit Plans
- Insurance Products for Investment Clients
- Estate Planning for Investment Clients
- Fiduciary, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues for Advisors
Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM Program
The Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM or CRPC® designation program focuses on providing comprehensive retirement advice to individual clients. You’ll be able to define a roadmap to retirement, focused on clients' pre- and postretirement needs, as well as issues related to asset management and estate planning.
- Maximizing the Client Experience During the Retirement Planning Process
- Principles and Strategies When Investing for Retirement
- Understanding Social Security, Military, and Government Retirement Benefits
- Bridging the Income Gap: Identifying Other Sources of Retirement Income
- Navigating Health Care Options in Retirement
- Making the Emotional and Financial Transition to Retirement
- Designing Optimal Retirement Income Stream
- Achieving Income Tax and Estate Planning Objectives in Retirement
- Fiduciary, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues for Advisers
Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM Program
The Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM or APMA® designation program covers the finer points of financial portfolio creation, augmentation, and maintenance. You’ll gain hands-on practice analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions.
- Investment Risk and Return Analysis
- Modern Portfolio Theory and Performance Evaluation of Equities
- Debt and Fixed-Income Features
- Debt and Fixed-Income Valuation and Analysis
- Mutual Funds and Other Pooled Investments
- Investing in Real Assets
- Derivatives and Structured Products
- Taxation of Investments and the Regulatory Environment
- Ethical Considerations, Investment Strategies, and Retirement Needs Analysis
- Behavioral Finance, Client Suitability, and Constructing Portfolios
Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM Program
The Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM or AWMA® designation program focuses on addressing the unique financial planning needs of high-net-worth clients. The program’s one-of-a-kind curriculum enables you to help clients capitalize on opportunities to preserve, grow, and transfer their wealth.
- Getting to Know Your High-Net-Worth Client
- Investment Risk, Return, and Performance
- Advanced Investment Products and Strategies
- Considerations for Business Owners
- Income Tax Strategies for High-Net-Worth Clients
- Executive Benefits Planning for High-Net-Worth Clients
- Estate Planning for High-Net-Worth Clients
- Fiduciary and Regulatory Issues for Financial Services Professionals
Accelerate Your Career with a Professional Designation
Choose your program and enroll today.
NOTES AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Wake Forest University and the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company do not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP (with plaque design) logo certification marks. CFP® certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience, and examination requirements.
Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM, Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM, Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM, Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM, and Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM are service marks of the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.