Online Financial Education Programs
Lead the Future of Financial Planning
Pursue CFP® Certification or a Professional Designation with Top-Ranked Wake Forest University
Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 5% from 2020 to 2030. Meet this demand with Wake Forest’s flexible online programs, including our CFP® certification and exam prep and professional designation programs powered by the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company. Gain the knowledge, practical skill sets, and credentials you need to become an impactful financial professional in one of today’s fastest growing fields.
Why Wake Forest School of Professional Studies?
The goal of Wake Forest’s financial education programs is to help you continue to learn, build your skill set, and move your career forward. Provide holistic financial planning by earning your CFP® certification, or deepen your industry expertise in a financial discipline through professional designations that target your specific career goals.
Flexible and Convenient
Take your courses 100% online while balancing career and life responsibilities. Designed for working adults, Wake Forest’s online financial education programs help you achieve your professional goals on your terms. Choose the structure of Live Online classes, or study at your own pace with OnDemand classes.
Ranked and Respected
Join a university that’s been top-ranked nationally for 25 years—and become part of our esteemed professional network. As the #24 school for “best value,” we bring you the highest-quality financial education programs for an affordable tuition.
Financial Education Programs for All Career Levels
Whether you’re looking to embark on a new financial planning career, take your career to the next level, or build expertise in a specific financial discipline, Wake Forest offers a financial education program to meet you where you are. Choose your ideal program and achieve your professional goals.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Certification and Exam Prep
- CFP® Certification (Certificate in Personal Financial Planning)
- CFP® Exam Prep Review
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM Designation
- Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM Designation
- Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM Designation
- Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM Designation
- Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM Designation
Achieve Industry-Recognized Credentials
Successful program completion helps you prepare for certification or earn the following credentials:
- CFP® Certification Program: Coursework results in a Certificate in Personal Financial Planning from Wake Forest. This satisfies the education requirement to sit for the national CFP® exam to earn the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification, conferred by CFP Board.
- Professional Designation Programs: Coursework focuses on building specific financial skill sets that result in professional designation credentials, conferred by College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.
Flexible Online Programs
Our programs are designed with working professionals in mind, so we offer convenient Live Online or OnDemand class options:
- Study on a set schedule with Live Online classes that have specific start dates.
- Study at your own pace with OnDemand classes you can start anytime.
Earn Stackable Credit
Wake Forest’s professional designation programs provide stackable credit toward the CFP® certification education program. If you choose to earn the CFP® mark in the future, this helps streamline your journey.
Need a little guidance?
Call 877-446-9032 if you have questions as you enroll.
Financial Planning Career Outlook
In this unpredictable economic environment, people are turning to financial professionals with demonstrated expertise for guidance on managing their finances and planning for their financial futures. The critical role financial advisors play in navigating their clients through uncertain times is more apparent than ever. In addition, other trends point to ongoing future growth prospects in this ever-evolving industry.
- Employment of personal financial advisors is projected to grow 5% from 2020 to 2030. During this period, an estimated new 12,600 jobs should open up.
- The strong financial advisor employment growth is partly due to the sizable number of baby boomers seeking retirement advice, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Because these individuals are living longer and will have more years of retirement, they will need help with financial planning.
- The U.S. is on the cusp of an immense transfer of wealth. By year-end 2042, an estimated $70 trillion will change hands from aging households passing their wealth on to their heirs and to charities.
- Consumers believe that advisors who have earned a financial certification or designation have achieved a higher level of expertise and qualification. As a result, consumers are willing to pay more for credentialed advisors than they are for noncredentialed advisors.
NOTES AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ
Higher Level of Expertise: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3073707
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Wake Forest University and the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company do not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP (with plaque design) logo certification marks. CFP® certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience, and examination requirements.
Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM, Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM, Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM, Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM, and Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM are service marks of the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.